Welcome to National Weird Day Writing Prompts. Today you have 3 choices for prompts.
March 3 is …
I Want You To Be Happy Day
Peach Blossom Day
National Anthem Day
Here are the rules:
1. Write 100 – 200 words (more or less) about the prompt provided. For example: If you chose National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day your story doesn’t have to be about the day itself but about a peanut butter lover. (It doesn’t have to be a complete story. It could be a scene, song lyrics or a poem)
2. Tag your post with National Weird Day Writing Prompts.
3. Share your writing in the comments section via a link back to your blog.
4. Read and comment on other posts.
5. Be creative and have fun.
My story is below.
I Want You to Be Happy, Dammit
Todd came from an intact family who showed the women in their family how much they cared by purchasing appropriate gifts on Hallmark holidays. This had always delighted everyone from the giver to the recipient as well as the onlookers. Females flocked to Todd like fruit flies to rotten bananas all throughout high school and college. Todd chose Mena because she was exotic looking and he envisioned their future children. Mena majored in political science and wanted to apply to pre-law so she could address human rights issues.
Todd lavished her with flowers. Mena, who spent all of her free time studying for the GRE, moved the flowers from her desk to the kitchen as they were a distraction. Todd surprised her with chocolates which she could not eat because they gave her headaches. He bought her a tennis bracelet. Mena was allergic to the nickel in it.
One day Todd said, “I just want you to be happy, dammit!” as he threw all of his gifts toward her. Mena had just collected the mail and was in the middle of reading a letter that had arrived on thick, vellum paper. “I am,” she said, her beautiful smile filling her face. “I was just accepted to Columbia Law School.”